Fans of PC turn-based strategy games rejoice! After two years ever since they released version 1.8 of their freeware PC game, the developers of Battle for Wesnoth have released version 1.10. This stable downloadable version is compatible with past builds (version 1.9.x) so gamers who are in the middle of a campaign shouldn’t fret.
Battle for Wesnoth is one of the many PC freeware games that are actively developed. Backed by a strong community who have contributed heavily into the game’s art, audio, and gameplay changes, this freeware strategy PC game touts impressive aesthetics and game content. The 5 million downloads the PC game has garnered is a testament to the impressive standards the game has kept.
Minus the multi-level terrain, Battle for Wesnoth resembles games like Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. Like the aforementioned games, Battle for Wesnoth features chibi-like characters and medieval settings.
The developers have also released a bugfix immediately after version 1.10’s release. The changelogs of both versions are found after the jump.
* Son of the Black Eye:
* Removed Al'Brock and Flar'Tar death as defeat condition in objectives in
* Fixed bug #19316: Narrator messages are now translated.
* Replacd $unit.type by $unit.language_name to make a string completely
* Under the Burning Suns:
* Made it so that Kaleh gets the default AMLA after he's been fully
* Language and i18n:
* New translation: Ukrainian.
* Updated translations: British English, Chinese (Simplified), Dutch,
Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian,
Latin, Norwegian, Old English, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Serbian,
* Fix an accidental terrain type change in Isar's Cross.
* Fix attacker side being human in 6p_Team_Survival.
* Fixed bug #19369 : Using planning mode can cause losing ability to move my
* Fixed bug #19408 : Crash shortly after executing invalid multi-turn move
* Miscellaneous and bug fixes:
* Fix wrong preferences path suffix (1.1 instead of 1.10) on Linux and other
platforms using XDG layout (no compiled-in preferences path override).
* Fix bridge/rail transitions to each other.
* Legend of Wesmere:
* Scenario 3: Fixed bug #19067: Control over Galtrid's side stays with the
player after the arrival of Kalenz.
* Scenario 22: Fixed bug #19236: Cleodil was missing and no recall list.
* Language and i18n:
* Updated translations: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech,
Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latin, Lithuanian,
Old English, Polish, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish.
* Allow tab completion of player names in commands (bug #19284).
* Fixed eras other than the default breaking 2p_Hornshark_Island. If a player
has a faction not in the default era, a standard set of units (aimed at
Khalifate) is used now.
* Fixed bug #19083: allow attack to happen normally without causing OOS if
turn time runs out in attack selection dialog.
* Fixed bug #18635: Percentage not displayed for units selected at their
* Fixed bug #19142: attacks can be simulated between units (for which this
shouldn't be possible).
* Fixed bug #19221: Assert when a whiteboard move-attack wins a scenario.
* Fixed bug #19222: After 'delete planned action', the unit is almost
* Fixed turn not finishing when moves were planned for future turns.
>>>Click here to read more...