Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Freeware Foray: Cry of Fear

Horror games for the PC are a dime a dozen. However, horror games that are free AND have garnered awards AND a large following are hard to come by. Enter Cry of Fear, a freeware survival horror Half-Life (ONE) mod that has now been converted into a standalone free-to-play PC first-person shooter.

This is very exciting news for me as free game downloads have always been a passion. To discover that a game I initially couldn't play (given that I've never bought the very first Half-Life) has now been released as a standalone is news indeed.

You might wonder what the fuss is all about with this free to play offering. Well:


That got your attention. 

I've been immensely entertained by this survival horror romp---and also immensely frustrated by its bugs. Currently, the game intermittently crashes every 20 minutes or so and this sorry state has proven to be a major pain to my progress. I'll post a review soon as I'm done with this game. 

Video and links to the freeware game after the jump.


The first part of my foray into the dark bowels of Cry of Fear:



>>>The game's official site

>>>See more free games for the PC here

0 comments: