User interface improvements yay!
The folks developing UFO: AI, a Quake 2-based, sci-fi freeware strategy game, have released updates for February. Some interesting points:
- A lot of UI updates and fixes, including new recruiting window look, multiplayer UI updates, mouse handling, language selection, pilot assignment, aircraft menu changes, statistics charts, tooltip related fixes, UTF-8 fixes and initial changes for better widescreen support.
- Translation updates, including initial Dutch translation and updates to UFORadiant translations.
- A lot of new checks in the mapping tools, which in turn lead to...
- ...a lot of minor fixes and improvements for maps.
- Improvements to multiplayer team creation, including alien teams and team saving.
- Included Thai fonts for platforms that don't have them.
- Music updates.
- Minor performance improvements.
- Game mechanism updates - interceptors can no longer carry soldiers, base mission is lost if there are no soldiers, soldiers can be equipped before base attack without aircraft and more weapons available in multiplayer.
- Fixes to concurrent sound playing.
- Fixes to console tab completion.
- Fixes to the battlescape HUD, including reaction fire, firemode selection and reload button activation.
- Geoscape fixes, including crashed UFO loading.
- Dirtmaps added to some textures.
- Savegame format changed to XML, using bundled Mini-XML. This should reduce savegame breakage rate in future.
>>> More details about this sci-fi turn-based freeware strategy game