Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chaos Space Marine Cosplay Update



Disaster.



I should have listened to my wife's advice about using contact cement and a stapler. But nooooo, I had to be so stubborn that I used plain school glue. My Chaos Space Marine helmet fell apart last night.

Also, the enormity of the project sank in. Emulating bio-engineered soldiers who turned to darkness. What was I thinking? Chaos Space Marine armor?! The amount of sealant I need to complete the breastplate and the shoulder armor would cost a tiny fortune.

Luckily, I registered two costumes so I think it's time to go to Plan B.

Plan B. Methinks without the guns though. Too expensive.

But by Eldanesh, I will make a proper armor after the cosplay party! No, this isn't about the prize, this is about me --- as I told our MIS head --- capitalizing on the opportunity to indulge my childish fantasies without inciting the neighbors to drag me off to the House of Hope. NYAHAHAHHA!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War forever!

The fan boy chokes on his laughter, gurgles, and then falls over dead.

Wait! Where's my soulstone?!! AIIIIIIEEEEEEE---*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you thinking using plain school glue!

Ildamos said...

LOLZ! Ya! Forgive the first time cosplayer. :D The last time I made a helmet I was in 3rd grade. The thing was made from cartolina (very thin cardboard) and school glue held it fine.

Coffee, work, and Dawn of War I guess. :P