Monday, February 9, 2009

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin PC FPS Launch Trailer 2

Gamespot released another trailer of F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin PC FPS. To answer the query of MrKirby, a constant reader of this site, I'm posting this video as it explains why F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, a PC FPS, is set in a desolate landscape.

One can also see the development team's shift to more saturated colors in this video --- while it may jar some F.E.A.R. fans, I think the new color scheme works well. Certainly, they have also kept the old feeling of the original game (F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin still uses the blue-green scheme that was ubiquitous in the first PC FPS game of the series) but the vivid reds and dazzling yellows in this game will give players the feeling that hey, after 3+ years, I'm finally playing a sequel and not an expansion. (Don't get me wrong though, I had a great time playing Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate.)






>>> Blast from the past: See me beat the Nightcrawler leader in F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate at the Extreme Difficulty setting without using SloMo (aka bullet time).

4 comments:

J said...

Real men use SloMo!

Ildamos said...

SloMo for HoMos! Lol! (Nah, it's cool; J and I are officemates and L4Dead teammates. :D)

I got bored with FEAR using SloMo. But that's just me. Anyone can play the game any way he likes.

Now I'm heading off to I-Tech; see if my KotOR has arrived. (Gaah, at the height of this recession I ordered a game. Stupeeed me. :P)

J said...

Is there life after fear? I know... you are... DEYD

Ildamos said...

There's still KotOR if danged I-Tech can get its act together and send me the game I ordered. Here I am, alone against the fight against piracy and they won't deliver the goods. Tsk, tsk.