Monday, February 16, 2009

TechSpot's Article About Top Software to Install After a Windows OS Installation

Techspot released an article about what they deem to be the top software to install after a Windows OS installation. I'm quite interested in articles like this one as I usually compare what they recommend with what I favor (See the link at the end of this article).

This article recommends two of what I use --- Avast! and Spybot Search & Destroy, two freeware anti-malware that are recommended by a plethora of sites and several of my techie friends.

What surprised me with this article, however, is that it recommends Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, a freeware anti-malware* I erroneously thought to be sub-standard as it wasn't enjoying popularity with the forums I check out. Coincidentally, it was recommended by my late cousin (who just died last January 21). I ignored his advice though even though he said that it did remove one pesky malware that A-Squared wasn't able to excise at that time.

(I am sorry Brent. My bad.)

It's also worth noting that TechSpot lauds the freeware anti-malware by saying: "It has been received well universally and stamped numerous times with an “Editor’s Pick” on tech sites, and we’re here to do it again."


See the article HERE.

*There is a Pro version however. I will look into this freeware anti-malware in the coming weeks. (busy with day job, sorry)

>>> What best freeware anti-malware do I use?

>>> How Avast! antivirus can be temporarily disabled

0 comments: